Interview with WTI Graduate, Kennedi Green – RMA Student
Kennedi did an externship at Freeman Occumed in Carthage and was hired on there while on an externship.
Why did you choose the Medical Assistant program?
I wanted to better my life. I have always wanted to be in the medical field, to follow in my mother’s footsteps, and I have always enjoyed helping people and felt that this was a career that I could do that.
What did you enjoy most about WTI? Why?
I loved the hands on experience. I am the type of person that learns better with applying my learning with hands on application.
What are your career goals?
I would eventually like to go back to school to be an RN.
What do you enjoy doing in your free time?
Spend time with my family, especially my daughter Callie.
Who do you admire? Why?
My mother – she raised two children on her own while going to school and working full-time. She has always supported my brother and I and pushed us towards our goals.
Kennedi says, “While at WTI, the hands on experience which was taught by the instructors, were valuable tools that I could use during my externship and later on after being hired by my externship site. During my two month employment, I have already acquired my DATIA certification along with my breath/alcohol certification. I loved the whole experience at WTI!”
Get to Know WTI: Featuring Becky Broxterman
This Month’s Get to Know WTI post features Becky Broxterman, a Medical Insurance Billing and Coding Graduate from our old WTI Topeka location!
1. Which program did you graduate from at WTI? Medical Insurance Billing and Coding
2. Why did you choose the program you did? I knew I wanted to do something in the medical field, but I wasn’t sure about hands-on patient interaction such as medical assisting. I had been hearing about medical billing and coding and it intrigued me, so I made an appointment at WTI to learn more about it. Learning that medical billing and coding is a great career for people with an investigative nature who love solving problems and puzzles really sealed the deal for me.
3. What did you enjoy most about WTI? Why? I really enjoyed the people at WTI. The entire staff is amazing, and they will really do anything to help you succeed. Everybody including the instructors, the administrative staff, and fellow students become like a family to you.
4. What are your career goals? There are so many different career paths you can take after completing this program that it’s hard for me to really tell where I want to end up. I’ve been in my current position for a couple of months now which is my first real career move after graduating from the program. I love my job, and there is plenty of room for me to grow within the company.
5. What do you enjoy doing in your free time? I love to get lost in a good book whenever I have the chance. I’m a pretty laid back person, so I enjoy just spending time hanging out with family and friends. I’m always up for a good laugh and anything that will get me out into the great outdoors.
6. Who do you admire? Why? I would say the person I admire most is my dad. He’s an amazing person who has always been there supporting me through thick and thin no matter what. I wouldn’t be where I am today without him. He’s the person I inspire to be like, and I hope to someday be able to support my family the way he always has been there for his.